Saturday, February 4, 2012

Namma Metro


Friday, 21 October 2011

October 20th 2011 marked the beginning of Bangalore Metro rail service, Namma Metro. Expecting the usual rush, I took a ride the following day. As I had to take BMTC bus to office, I opted for metro instead. Cousin dropped me at Vivekanand Station on Old Madras road at 8:15am. The helping metro staff directed me to the ticketing counter. After a baggage security check, I entered the ticketing counter. I took a contact less smart card. Rs.50 charge for the card and one can top-up upto Rs. 1500. Swiping the smart card, I entered the platform. The infrastructure is world class. Fully automated systems just excited my experience. Next trip was scheduled at 8:30am. It was great to see the school and college students started using the metro. The train arrived at dot of 8:30, and metro became part of my life. Metro chugged through Indiranagar-Ulsoor-Trinity-MGRoad stations within 10mins, an unimaginable thing in traffic clogged B'luru. I exited the station swiping the smart card and a 10 minute walk took me to office.

 ನಮ್ಮ ಮೆಟ್ರೊ, ಬೇಗ ಕಟ್ರೋ!!

Transport : Metro
Distance : 6.7km

2 comments:

Operation Crazyhouse said...

Your blog does say a lot of promising things about metro.. I am excited to try it out too.. :)

Identity7.0 said...

Once you should! Even though its a short one and wont help the current traffic woes of B'lore, its a thing in the positive direction. Tx Manasa :)